照慣例電話會議一上來就是Apple CEO Tim Cook與CFO Luca Maestri 把主要財物數字炫耀一番，畢竟Q2營收的年成長率54%，太亮眼了。以Apple這種體量的公司，如果將其當作一個國家，營收對比GDP，如此一家私人公司足以排進世界前15國。
同樣的，關於Apple Service Business部分Tim Cook一樣東拉西扯就是不肯提供更多訊息，頂多只說從去年開始Apple App Store與開發者的手續費率降了15%。
- new March quarter records for both revenue and earnings, besting our year ago revenue performance by 54%.
- iPhone, which grew 66% year- over-year driven by the strong popularity of the iPhone 12 family.
- iPad grow very strong double digits to its highest March quarter revenue in nearly a decade.
- In fact, the last three quarters for Mac have been its three best quarters ever
- Wearables, Home and Accessories, which grew by 25% year-over-year.
- Services. We achieved growth of 27% year-over-year and set new records for services in each of our geographic segments.
- Over the next five years, we will invest $430 billion, creating 20,000 jobs in the process.
- Our revenue reached a March quarter record of $89.6 billion, an increase of over $31 billion or 54% from a year ago.
- Products revenue was a March quarter record of $72.7 billion, up 62% over a year ago.
- Our services set an all-time record of $16.9 billion, growing 27% over a year ago. ( App Store, cloud services, music, video, advertising and payment services. Our new service offerings, Apple TV+, Apple Arcade, Apple News Fitness+)
- Company gross margin was 42.5%, up 270 basis points from last quarter driven by cost savings, a strong mix and favorable foreign exchange. Products gross margin was 36.1%, growing 100 basis points sequentially also thanks to cost savings and FX, partially offset by seasonal loss of leverage. Services gross margin was 70.1%, up 170 basis points sequentially and mainly due to a different mix. Net income of $23.6 billion, diluted earnings per share of $1.40 and operating cash flow of $24 billion were all March quarter records by a wide margin.
- During the March quarter, we added more than 40 million paid subs sequentially, and we have now reached more than 660 million paid subscriptions across the services on our platform. This is up $145 million from just a year ago and twice the number of paid subscriptions we are only 2.5 years ago.
- Apple Watch continues to extend its reach, with nearly 75% of the customers purchasing Apple Watch during the quarter being new to the product.
- Mac. We set an all-time revenue record of $9.1 billion, up 70% over last year, and grew very strongly in each geographic segment with all-time revenue records in Europe and rest of Asia Pacific and March quarter records in the Americas, Greater China and Japan. This amazing performance was driven by the very enthusiastic customer response to our new Macs powered by the M1 chip.
- iPad performance was also outstanding with revenue of $7.8 billion up 79%.
- And UCHealth, a large health care provider in Colorado, was able to reduce per patient vaccination time from 3 minutes to only 30 seconds largely by moving from PC stations to iPhones
- We ended the quarter with over $204 billion in cash plus marketable securities. We issued $14 billion of new term debt and retired $3.5 billion of term debt leaving us with total debt of almost $122 billion. As a result, net cash was $83 billion at the end of the quarter.
- we were also able to return nearly $23 billion to shareholders during the March quarter. This included $3.4 billion in dividends and equivalents and $19 billion through open market repurchases of 147 million Apple shares.
- This will cause a steeper sequential decline than usual. Second, we believe supply constraints will have a revenue impact of $3 billion to $4 billion in the June quarter.